INTRODUCTION – Have you ever gotten to the end of your day and made a statement such as ” Where has the day gone?” or “I can’t believe the day is gone and I got nothing done?” Doesn’t it seem when you don’t have a plan for your day it seems to whiz by so fast? If you want to be “mindful” throughout your day and also more productive, you must do these 5 steps.
- Wake up early and no “snoozing” the alarm – Wake up early, and by early I mean by 6:00 am. According to Ayurveda, an ancient science, they say the best time to wake up is an hour and a half before sunrise. When you wake at this time it is better for your mental health as the qualities of the morning are peaceful and serene. It’s a great time to get up and meditate, journal, do goal setting, and exercise. *side note* Never “Snooze” the alarm, by doing this you will feel worse when you get up, instead tell yourself that you need to get up now and then get up and move around. You will thank me for this tip!
- Set clear goals for your day and prioritize – When you Don’t set goals in your day, you have no direction or purpose and your day will lack in so many ways. Instead, Write out a list of goals you have for your day(or week) and then number them from the ones that are most important if you are running a business, which ones make you most uncomfortable, these are the ones that will make the most difference in your day.
- Create a daily routine and stick to it – Creating a daily routine and sticking to it can be a great way to stay on track and achieve your goals. A consistent routine helps to keep you focused, organized, and motivated. It can also help you prioritize tasks, stay productive, and manage your time better. By creating a daily routine that works for you, you will be able to make the most of each day and reach your goals faster. With the right habits in place, you will have more energy and enthusiasm for whatever comes your way.
- Take regular breaks and recharge – Taking regular breaks is essential to stay productive and energized throughout the day. It allows us to recharge our minds and bodies, giving us the energy and motivation to tackle our tasks with renewed enthusiasm. Regular breaks can help us avoid feeling overwhelmed or stressed out, allowing us to stay focused on the task at hand. Not only does taking regular breaks improve our productivity, but it also helps boost creativity and keep our minds sharp. By taking a few minutes away from the task at hand, we can come back with a fresh perspective that can help us solve problems more quickly or think of new ideas. So don’t forget to take regular breaks throughout your day in order to recharge your batteries and stay productive!
- Eliminate Distractions & Stay Focused – This can be one of the hardest steps to do especially when you have children of any age and a mind that is creative. If you feel that you are a bit easily distracted or find it hard to sit for long periods then I suggest you set up “sprints” for doing your work. As an author and writer, I find it hard to just sit and write for hours so if I set up 30 min sprints, it makes it much more manageable to know that I am going to write for 30 mins then take a quick break. You can make it 45 mins if you like. Sit down, set up a timer on your phone, put headphones on with music if that helps, and then carry on with the task that you are working on. After the timer stops then get up and get a glass of water, stretch, walk outside for a breath of fresh air then get back to it. This makes it easier to stay focused for a restless mind.
Time management is essential for achieving success in any area of life. It can be difficult to find the balance between work and leisure, but with the right strategies and tools, you can make the most of your time.
Having a routine and sticking to it sets you up for success and helps you to be more able to handle challenges that come up throughout the day. I hope you try out these steps and let me know how they work for you!
If you are a Womanpreneur and find yourself struggling with time management, focus, or well-being, book a ‘Strategy Call’ and see how I could help you jump-start your day, focus, and productivity!
Book your strategy call now
You are not alone! I’m here to help you!