Dealing with any kind of health challenges can be hard but it’s even more challenging when you have restrictions, isolation, fear of getting ill, and dealing with the stress of no job or fear of being laid off.
Right now we need to be hypervigilant about our health because for the past two years we have been less active than any other time in history. Many people when they are stressed will engage in over-eating, smoking more, and drinking alcohol more. Gyms have closed down, many more have even closed their doors for good and that means that there are many people that are very sedentary and at risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes. So how do we get pro-active about it and make some changes before it becomes a risk to us?
First, what is diabetes? Diabetes is a condition where the level of sugar is too high in the body and the body is not able to produce enough insulin for cells to function. Diabetes can be hereditary and can also be a result of lifestyle. The lack of insulin triggers excess sugar production in the blood. And this is known as glycosuria and hyperglycemia. This means that your body has way too much glucose, and it can obstruct the regular functions of your nervous system, heart, eyes, blood vessels, and kidneys.
The good news is, that Type 2 Diabetes is about lifestyle, and therefore can be changed. Here are some things you need to know:
– Stress will trigger Diabetes more and so it’s important to reduce stress. Let’s look at ways to do that.
– Meditation is a good way to reduce stress, increase focus, enhances self-awareness, lengthens life span, increases and improves age-related memory loss, can generate kindness, and may help fight addictions.
– Yoga helps you to relax, helps improve sleep, can mean more energy and brighter moods, gives heart health, and connects you to a community of supportive people.
– Daily routine helps you to move through your day easily with more flow which then, in turn, helps you to know what to expect and be able to have certainty, which to some will help to alleviate anxiety.
– Get outside and walk – going for a daily walk can get you out in the sunshine and get fresh air. Walking and being outside reduces stress and has many other benefits.
Diet is important so eating good whole foods, good grains, legumes, and green foods. If you want to go even further with this then look into Ayurveda and your Dosha. You can find many dosha quizzes on the internet and Ayurveda is the oldest healing system on the planet, that makes so much sense once you understand it and deals with the person as a whole in terms of body, mind, and spirit. ( You can also do a “Dosha Quiz” on a discovery call when you book with me if that is something you would like to know more about.)
I have a program called “7 Days to A Healthy Mind and Body” that will be taking place in March of this year. I teach you foods that are beneficial to you specifically and also aids in weight loss, So head over to my website and check it out. joannehughescoaching.com Make sure to subscribe and enjoy the free ebook “Attracting Love into Your Life” while you are there! We all need love but we are Number one! So it starts with YOU!
Leave a Reply